Monday, May 14, 2007

Buchanan Architecture

"When you look at how a building is constrcuted, there are some basic elemetns that you have to use," Buchanan says."For example, you build a roof using a truss structure and you can use the truss in many different ways. In this case, the truss is flipped."
"Let's construct buildings that are of their time, meaning of this time and place." Buchanan says. "We are in the 21st century, and now is the time." -from "In te Deep End" FIDLuxe, June 2006
to find out more...
Passage and Image from http://www.russellbuchanan.com/

1 comment:

Jonathan Brown said...

This is a really nice building. I did a blog entry a while back on it from some images I took when I stumbled on the building during lunch one day. I also found some interior SketchUp visualizations the designer did which I provided links to.

http://www.mr-martini.com/archislave/?p=13

Personally, I think the illuminated balcony box feels a little like a wart, but really, I wish there had been more of that morphology on the facade. The entries of the street are nice and I love the use of wood at the soffits by the garage entrances.